Auto insurance in Utah is required by state law, and it protects you in the event of a collision. Finding affordable insurance is also important to ensure it fits in your budget and provides for your needs. When shopping for car insurance, you must consider what type of coverage you need, how much and what deductible to use. Let ASA Insurance help you find coverage that fits in your budget.
Understanding Types of Coverage
Liability coverage is a requirement of state law, and you must carry a minimum policy. However, this amount may not cover all of your needs. When you speak with an agent from ASA Insurance, we can help you determine the amount of coverage you need. Liability insurance pays for the injuries to others or damage to others’ property when you are at fault for an accident.
Other types of coverage you may need include the following:
- Collision – pays for damage to your car in a collision
- Comprehensive – pays for damage to your car in other events, such as vandalism, theft, fire and animal collision
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – pays for injuries sustained when another person is at fault without adequate or any insurance coverage
- Personal Injury Protection – also known as no-fault coverage, it pays medical expenses and loss of income; also pays for funeral expenses
In addition, you may choose to add on other coverage components, such as towing and roadside assistance, as well as rental reimbursement. We can discuss the various coverage options and answer any questions you might have.
Amount of Coverage Required
How much coverage you need will depend on several factors. You are responsible for any costs over the amount of coverage you carry, which is why it’s important to consider your needs carefully.
You will want to factor in how much you have in assets and how much you can afford for the premiums. When you sit down with us at ASA Insurance, we will go over the details together to help you find a policy you feel comfortable with.
You can often save money on your premiums when you qualify for discounts. These discounts may vary, but often include the following:
- Multiple vehicle discount – if you insure more than one vehicle
- Multiple policy discount – savings for when you bundle auto insurance with homeowner’s insurance
- Safe driver discount – premium reduction when you’ve taken a safe driving course
- Good student discount – savings if you have a student driver with good grades
- Non-drinking discount – if you abstain from alcohol
- And many others!
As part of your decision on purchasing auto insurance, you’ll decide how much of a deductible you want to maintain. While a higher deductible can lower your premium costs, you should consider how much you would want to pay out-of-pocket in a claim.
Purchasing auto insurance is a necessary expense, and one that includes many factors. Talk to an agent at ASA Insurance to help you find the best combination of coverage, pricing and service. Call us today at 801-486-7463 to discover your options for having affordable auto insurance in Salt Lake City or anywhere you live in the state of Utah – we can help.